I decided that it was just as easy to follow up my last blog post of Simplicity 1625 with another one – but this time, a dress!
This was also sewn at Sewjourn during November. I sewed the same size as the previous dress, an 8, but lengthened it to a 10. It’s still a little on the short side – but apparently short skirts and dresses are in again! The fabric is a woven viscose from The Cloth Shop. It was a remnant, which is why Clare scored it for a dress instead of me – there wasn’t enough for me to do what I wanted for myself!
I really like the gently curved hemline, and the flounce on the top. The flounce side and shoulder seams are joined separately to the dress side and shoulder seams, then the flounce is overlaid on the dress. Armholes and neckline are then treated together. I used contrast (self-made) bias binding to finish the armholes and neckline, with a little bit left over to provide a bow for the front. The elasticised waistline casing gives a flattering fit and a little shaping.