I promise that this is the last Finlayson sweater that I will make and blog until at least next year!
This time I used a cotton sweater knit from Darn Cheap Fabrics. I took a long time to cut this out, taking care to match all the stripes. Except – there is always an except, isn’t there? – I didn’t realise that there was actually a fault in the fabric and one of the grey and white stripes was narrower than the others. This made it absolutely impossible for me to match the fabric at the side seams. Bummer! However, if I hadn’t told you, I doubt you would notice. If you look carefully at this next photo you can see the problem. The rest of the fabric was fine, and it only affected the front piece.
Once again this was constructed almost entirely on the overlocker. I made sure to interface the collar piece, and it sits beautifully as a result. I also used the machine to topstitch around the edge, and to sew the collar pieces to the body before overlocking the edges. This fabric started to ravel as soon as it was cut into, unsurprisingly, so the overlocker was a must for the rest of the seams.