A couple of months ago I made each of my daughters a Cali Faye Collection Perri Pullover. I blogged Clare’s here. I’m still waiting for Stella to agree to try hers on, let alone model it for the blog. And while I was away at Sewjourn in May, I made one for myself.
I have had the shredded effect knit in the stash for a little while, not knowing just what to make from it. The fabric is two layers, the top one shredded in places and attached to the fabric underneath in others. Interesting! I bought it at Darn Cheap Fabrics a year (or two) ago, and it often comes out of stash and then goes back in again. I think this pattern is quite an appropriate match. The bands and pockets were were cut from dark grey viscose jersey.
I cut the size Large, for a 40 inch bust. I really could have sized down. Although this is obviously an oversized look, I think it’s possibly a bit too oversized for my liking. I didn’t follow the neckband instructions, leaving it the same width as the sleeve and hem bands instead of turning it to the inside a second time as suggested.
I do like a high-low (also known as a “mullet” hemline, and suspect that I will continue to wear them long after they go out of fashion. This one would have benefitted from shortening through the body though. This is an easy garment to make – most construction is on the overlocker. And it’s a relaxed top for lounging.
That said, I’m a little bit “meh” about it. I much prefer the Day Tripper top that I made earlier in the year. A similar style, but with longer sleeves (more practical), slightly shorter body length with a little more shaping, and a more closely fitted neckline. The proportions just work better on my body. That said, I might give the Perri Pullover another whirl in a different fabric, smaller size and shorter length. We’ll see!