First term of 2014 is over, and the school holidays are here. The last week of term flew past, but I took some photos along the way. So this is a snippet of our week (mostly from a sewing/crafty perspective, of course).
- Patterns arrived from the last Vogue/Butterick/McCalls sale. One is already cut out to be sewn this weekend, and another has been matched up to fabric.
- Personal delivery of The Better Bag Maker, by Nicole Mallalieu, soon to be available online and possibly in Spotlight stores. I took part in pattern testing (and have a couple of excellent bags to show for it that I can finally reveal on the blog soon) and I think that it really is your go-to book for all things bag-making related.
- Silk fabrics from the Collette Dinnigan end of bolt clearance currently running at Rathdowne Fabrics. The top two will be scarves; the bottom one will become a dress.
- Over the past couple of days the weather has turned cooler and autumn has really settled in. Time to make new stretchy pants for winter!
- And with winter coming up, time for some new boots (everything at the Diana Ferrari outlet is currently half price). I live in boots over winter, and was excited when I spotted some coloured ones!
- Poor little Stella. She’s sick. The virus that has been going around and that Clare and I had last week has caught up with Stella. She’s still on the couch with a vomit container.
- I whipped up a few tops for Clare to take away on camp with her. One includes this raglan tee . It’s a departure from her usual style, but fortunately she seems to really like it!
- Clare has been busy with the loom/rainbow/whatever they are called bands. YouTube has been an excellent source of tutorials for a variety of bracelet designs. You have to love a craze that is this creative, time-consuming and relatively cheap!
- A quick dress for Stella, from fabric that she chose in a design that she chose. And now says that she doesn’t like.