More quick and easy t-shirts for Clare, courtesy of Ottobre 3/2013, pattern no. 29. This is a simple front and back with cut on cap sleeve pattern. Ottobre instruct you to bind the armholes and the neckline. For this version I decided to just turn the hems to the inside and stitch them into place.
This does mean that the neckline is a little wider and lower than the illustration, but it still works for this pattern. The bug fabric is a cotton knit from Darn Cheap Fabrics (currently still available).
I used a twin needle to secure all the hems, and don’t think that I even stabilised them first. Lazy sewing!
The next time I made this pattern I did bind the neckline and armholes. This is a beautiful quality cotton/lycra knit that came to me courtesy of Karen. I have such generous friends! The binding makes the openings a little smaller and gives the same pattern a different look.
I love that photo of Clare! I made these tops in size 134, the same as the other Ottobre tops that I blogged a couple of posts back.