It didn’t take me long to make Stella a slightly creepy cat face dress like her sister’s. Much to her delight!
For Stella I cut a size 5 width and size 6 length of the same Modkid Melanie pattern that I used for Clare. That is one advantage of pdf patterns – it’s simple to print out another copy, tape it together, and cut it in a different size. Although slightly tedious. The leggings are the Go To Leggings, in size 5/6 (I think!).
As with Clare’s dress, I added a neckband. All hems are twin needled. I really do like the gathers in the centre of the side pockets. A very nice touch! I strongly suspect that like the Hopscotch Dress, you’ll see this pattern used many, many times.
And there’s plenty of the cat fabric left to make something for me! Hooray!
Thanks so much to all the people who left comments on my sewing room tour post – I’m glad that you enjoyed seeing where I sew! Speaking of which, I should get back to it – it is Frocktails on Saturday night, and I have nothing to wear yet!