This time I used a stretch woven cotton/lycra from The Fabric Store. It’s a wonderful orange, almost red, but not quite. It’s interesting how a different fabric changes the fit. It’s not drastically different, and both fabrics seemed to have an equivalent amount of stretch, but they’re not exactly the same.
I sewed these up as a size 10, taking about an inch and a bit out of the length midway between knee and hem by simply folding it out of the pattern. There is a very handy “lengthen or shorten here” line – it’s always worth using it! The leg vents came together very quickly the second time around.
I measured the waist elastic to be the same as the waist opening – because my waist actually measures larger! Because it’s a stretch fabric, they are still very comfortable on and stay up well. The back is drafted higher than the front, which is handy. No plumber’s crack!
I’ve ordered the Linda stretch pant, hoping to make a good comfortable pair of work pants for winter. And StyleARC’s new Marie Jacket slipped into my shopping cart too – it’s in ponte, one of my favourite easy wear fabrics. I’m starting to plan my winter wardrobe – even though I haven’t finished sewing up the summer one yet!