There are still a few of my Sewjourn makes left to show you (and I’ve even made some more things since). One that I am rather pleased with is Kwik Sew 3467, view B.
I love the colour, I love the deep v-neckline, I love that it is fitted through the bust but has the underbust pleated feature that also allows room for my spare tyre, I love that the armholes aren’t too deep and my bra is properly covered, and I love that the centre back seam gives it shape without being too tight.
I barely had enough scraps left over from one of my renditions of Vogue 1250 to make this top, and actually used leftover bamboo/lycra jersey to make the binding strips for the armholes and the neckline. I suspect that I’ll get a lot of wear from this over summer – it’s particularly good with my Kerry pants. There is also a long-sleeved version which I know I’ll make for winter. I sewed the size Medium, and took 5/8″ tucks in two places on the pattern pieces to shorten the body length (as I usually do).
So, here we are on the 4th of December. Shall I share with you what I want to get sewn before Christmas? Then you can work out the math as to whether I am likely to achieve it – remembering that I will still be working two (or three) days per week before then and am going away for the weekend on Friday. But if I publish this list, then I will feel accountable.
- Skirt for Freya – almost done, just some handstitching to go
- Top for Freya (cut out)
- Shirt for Mr Thornberry (cut out)
- Bubble dress for Stella (cut out)
- Vintage dress for Clare (cut out)
- Dress for baby Chloe (my great-niece) (cut out)
- Top & bloomer set for baby Chloe (cut out)
- Linen Lily dress for me for Christmas Day
- Coordinating sateen peplum jacket for me for Christmas Day – just in case, you never know the Melbourne weather
and if I have any remaining seconds left in which to sew/crochet
- Seashell dress for Clare (cut out)
- New Look dress for Stella (cut out)
- Tiramisu dress for me
- Crocheted hat/gloves for a colleague
- A-line skirt for a friend
- Lily dress for a friend
- various crocheted hats and gloves as teacher gifts.