It hasn’t all been about a photo a day (or every second day as the case may be). I’m working through my box of already cut out and waiting to be assembled garments. It makes it much faster to get something finished when it has been cut out in advance, but sometimes if you do too much pre-cutting by the time you get around to sewing it’s not always what you have the urge to make! This is New Look 6948, in the top (I’ve made the dress before).
I was pleased with most aspects of this top. The neckline tucks give a nice shape, and there is a centre back seam that also allows for fitting opportunities. Not that I made any alterations. The sleeve bands and neck bands are easy to apply too. My neck band is gaping a little at the centre back seam. I think that this is probably more a function of the fabric that I used than the pattern, but it is something that I would watch if I made this pattern again. I should have shortened the neck band by an inch or so to have eliminated that “wobbliness”.
The pattern suggested that the top could have a standard hem, or an elasticised casing. I decided to give the elasticised casing a try. It’s a change, and I don’t mind the look. Here is the top as I am wearing it today.