I enjoyed wearing my Simplicity maxi dress so much that I maxi-mised another pattern, Vogue 1250. This is not a new idea – there are some wonderful maxi versions of this pattern over at Pattern Review.
This was quite straightforward – I just added length! For ease of walking, I inserted a triangular godet into the centre back seam. You can see the shape of it here. I quite enjoyed doing the little bit of maths to work out where I wanted the point to be – at knee height – and how wide to make it. If I were doing it again I’d insert it higher and make it wider, but it is quite wearable as it is.
The fabric is from the Darn Cheap Fabrics $2 per metre table. I suspect that it is polyester. It has a lovely hand and drape.
After having these photos taken I realised that the dress is a fraction too long as it is. I’ll shorten it by an inch or so before I wear it next. As with the orange version, I deepened the cowl self-facing to around double it’s original depth. I also shortened the bodice depth, as previously. There are now a couple of other maxi dresses being planned in my imagination.