That’s what happens when I have a weekend away at Sewjourn. I feel freer. It’s that uninterrupted time to immerse myself in the crafty part of me. And to immerse myself in the creativity, inspiration, understanding, support, friendship, love, laughter, thoughtfulness and intelligence that is such an intrinsic part of my Sewjourning companions*.
Do you want to see what we got up to?
And as for what I made:
- Simplicity sleeveless top
- StyleARC Alice top
- vintage nightdress
- pillowcase nightdress for Clare
- pillowcase nightdress for Stella
- skirt for Clare
- Skirt for Stella
- finished Clare’s bathers (they needed elastic)
- finished assembling a voile top with crocheted yoke for me
- Simplicity drape front top
- Butterick caftan style tunic dress
- half a jacket.
Whew! Lots of future blog fodder there. Are you amazed at how much sewing you can do in 48 hours with focus, determination and inadequate hours of sleep? You’d think that I’d have worked it out by now – but it still does manage to surprise me.
*Jodie and Catherine – you were there in spirit and in our conversation!