Way back in November I made a pillowcase dress for my friend’s youngest daughter. Then I gave another to her middle daughter. The eldest daughter has been waiting, waiting, waiting, waiting for me to make her one too. Last week I popped into the oppy and found the perfect pillowcase. Now it is done!
I hadn’t quite worked out what had been stopping me from making this ages ago. Now I realise that it was because the pillowcase I was originally planning on using just wasn’t the right one for this little girl. Once I found the perfect match, the dress was made a day later!
I use an amalgam of instructions for making pillowcase dresses – I’ve nicked all the bits that I think work the most nicely together. I will eventually combine them into a tutorial. The new owner of this little dress is a tall girl, so rather than cutting the bottom six or seven inches off the pillowcase and using it to make a self-fabric ruffle, I added some broderie anglaise and ric-rac trim from my stash. I think it’s worked out beautifully!