Wow, three posts in one day! I must be trying to avoid doing other tasks like ironing or preparing our tax return. Anyway, to return to the point of this post, I’ve just finished off this tag blanket.
It’s a little different to the one that I made for Stella because it is for a friend’s six-month old bub who is blind. I needed to make sure that it had plenty of variety in texture and even in sound.
Each of the blue cord pieces is layered with a different thickness of plastic, so the blanket has different crinkly noises at each end. The patchwork side includes towelling, chenille in different patterns and textures, fake fur, felt, tulle, satin, sueded fabric, embroidery and some weird yellow textured fabric that I inherited from a friend’s mother.
The tags are made from ribbon, elastic, lace, ric-rac, leather, cord and velcro. And of course, there’s a little tag in there made from a “Thornberry” label. Here’s hoping that this is a successful baby toy!